Day 183: Egg Boats
Day 183 of #365 Creative #Ideas to do with your kids: Do your kids like eating eggs? Or do they need some encouragement? Here is a fun idea to make little boat eggs.
You will need:
sliced ham, cheese or green pepper, for the sails
butter lettuce, for serving
You need: cocktail sticks or toothpicks
1. Peel the hard-boiled egg and cut in half lengthways.
2. Using ham, cheese or green pepper, cut a triangle shape for the sail and skewer it with a cocktail stick, for the mast.
3. Press the mast into the centre of the egg and place on a butter lettuce leaf, for the sea.
• To make egg mayonnaise boats, mash hard-boiled yolks with a little mayonnaise and spoon or pipe the mixture back into the egg whites.
• To hard-boil eggs, place them in boiling water for 7–8 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place in cold water to prevent the egg yolks from discolouring.
From my book Fun Foods for Kids (Struik Publishers 2016), email me on email@example.com if you would like to buy a book.