Day 141: Cork Boats
Day 141 of #365 Creative #Ideas to do with your kids: Can you make these boats with your kids? These recycled boats are a great project to do with your boys and girls! Collect and recycle corks to make these little floating boats.
You will need:
craft knife or
paper for sails
How to make cork boats:
1. Secure two corks per boat together with an elastic band.
2. Cut a third cork into rounds for the mast to be inserted into. Place some glue underneath the cork
round and slide underneath the elastic into place, as shown above.
3. Cut a triangle out of paper and punch two holes along one side, or in the middle.
4. Insert the toothpick through the two holes to create the sail.
5. Insert the toothpick into the cork round.
6. To make a float, secure two wine corks together with toothpicks. Insert a toothpick sail into one. Secure two champagne corks to each side with toothpicks, as shown above.
From my book, Kids’ Market Days (Struik 2014), email me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to buy a book.